Marketplace Fruit Dessert
- 1 pounds fresh cherries, pitted
- 4 each fresh peaches, cut into wedges
- 4 each blood oranges, segmented
- ½ almonds, slivered and toasted
- 2 Tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
Rosemary-Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped with stems
- 1 stem fresh rosemary, broken into 3-4 pieces
Bring all to the boil to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the herbs break down. Remove from the heat, and while still warm, pass through a fine-mesh strainer. Allow to cool. Refrigerate tightly covered.
Compose fruit in individual servings, just slightly cooler than room temperature.
Drizzle each with syrup and one tablespoon heavy cream. Garnish with almonds and oats.